Tahoe Forest Hospital Auxiliary
Message from the Coordinator of Volunteer Services
Tahoe Forest Hospital's Auxiliary was formed in 1977 and has members from throughout the region. Members contribute over 10,000 hours annually; Tahoe Forest Hospital depends on the help of year round and seasonal volunteers.
Choosing to volunteer as a member of the Auxiliary of Tahoe Forest Hospital is a very rewarding experience. The talents and experience of our volunteers compliment the expertise and professionalism of our staff, ensuring the best of care for our patients. Whether you choose to work at our Information Desk, greeting and assisting patients and families, working with our residents in our Extended Care Center, assisting staff and patients in our Medical Surgery Department or working behind the scenes in varies offices and centers, you can be assured that your time as a volunteer will be well spent.
Volunteering provides you with the opportunity to utilize your current skills or gain new ones in areas of interest to you. As a volunteer at Tahoe Forest Hospital, you become an integral part of the staff. We work with you to place you in an area of interest as well as a need for the hospital.
We hope you will join our team of volunteers. You will find a brief list of areas currently using volunteers as well as other information regarding our volunteer program. We know that you will find your time here a rewarding experience. Take time to care and join the Tahoe Forest Hospital Auxiliary.
For more information contact us at (530) 582-3593 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits as a Volunteer
- Monthly free meal ticket
- Volunteer service awards
- Volunteer service recognition luncheon
- Free flu vaccination
- Hospital coverage for injuries while on duty
- Invitation to hospital special events
- Health programs at the Tahoe Center for Health and Sports Performance
- Tax deductions for mileage to and from hospital
- Auxiliary social events throughout the year
- Scholarships available to high school students who are interested in a medical career
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Medical Records
- Medical Surgery
- OB/Women's Wellness
- Emergency Room
- Occupational Health
- Extended Care Center
- Information Desk
- Tahoe Center for Health and Sports Performance
- Uniforms and Badges Uniform and photo ID badges are worn at all times during volunteer service hours. There is no charge for the uniform (vest and/or polo shirt)
- Attendance All volunteers sign in and out in the Auxililary Office prior and after their service. Service awards are presented for hours worked.
- Time Commitment Volunteers are asked to commit to three hours of service per week depending on area of work and work for three consecutive months.
- Assignments Service descripitons are written for every volunteer position served. Assignments are determined based on the needs in various departments, volunteer interest, your specific skills and interests whenever possible. Areas that are vacant will be discussed during your orientation and interview with the Coordinator of Volunteer Programs.
- There is an annual dues of $10.
- Fall Cocktail Party
- Christmas Party held at local restaurant (small charge)
- Christmas Boutique
- Hospital hosted Christmas Party in Reno
- Spring Appreciation Luncheon
- Summer Installation Luncheon