WALKTOBER Fall Community Walking ChallengeWhat is the Community Walking Walking Challenge?
WALKTOBER is a FREE month-long fitness challenge with a goal of reaching 10,000 steps everyday for the month of October! A chance for you to challenge yourself, your friends, family, co-workers and even your dog! Weekly prizes will be given away to help keep you motivated with grand prizes for the local team, individual and dog who log the most steps!
Who can participate?
- Everyone! whether you’ve been sedentary or active, it’s a chance to step up your daily activity level
- Parents, kids, seniors, teenagers... the whole family (including your dog)!
- All Truckee/Lake Tahoe residents are encouraged to join.
- Friends and family around the country and the world. Reach out and inspire the people you love to join you in becoming more active.
The entire month of October.
Purchase a pedometer, set the stride, and get troubleshooting tips. Help is available on Tuesday, September 30, at the following times/locations:
- 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Tahoe Center for Health & Sports Performance
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm at Truckee Donner Community Recreation Center, 8924 Donner Pass Rd
Registration is FREE!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (530)587-3769, fax (530)587-7454, or stop by the Tahoe Center for Health and Sports Performance
Pedometers can be purchased at the Center for $10. You can participate in either the individual or team challenge (up to 4 people per team). Dogs can be entered using the “Individual Registration” form and will be competing in a separate Canine Category.
Get active, get moving, and get walking!