Building Better Caregivers
An evidence-based program developed by Stanford School of Medicine.
Join us for 6 weekly classes and learn:
- Skills to support stress reduction for caregiver and the care partner
- Self-care methods to improve caregiver's health
- How to handle difficult emotions
- Managing troublesome care partner behaviors
- Planning for the future
- Information about resources
- Ways to improve communication skills
This program is supported by the Wellness Neighborhood and offered at no cost. Care partner support will be provided during this class to allow caregivers time to attend class.
April 8 â€“ May 20
Free; Registration required.
In this FREE series of workshops, you will explore transformative topics designed to inspire, educate, and empower. Whether it is stress, insomnia, nutrition, lack of energy, feeling overwhelmed, or general habit change, we have you covered!
Learn a variety of topics from experts in their field and Your Authentic Wellness coaches will help you create a personal action plan! Attend any or ALL sessions.
Sessions take place every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, 5:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. April topics include:
- April 11 Self-Care for Caregivers presented by Jackie Griffin, RN
- April 25 Mindful Movement and Self-Massage presented by Wendy Tylka, PTA
A Mindful Morning Retreat
Participants will gain insight to general patterns of stress reactivity and cultivate ways to respond more skillfully to stressful situations and therefore reduce the negative impact of stress on their health. The day will start with a viewing of "The Connection" and be followed by mindfulness practice.
In this workshop attendees will learn how to:
- Enhance qualities of self compassion, stress resilience, and awareness
- Practice mindful meditation, eating, and movement
- Apply mindfulness strategies to everyday life situations
- Experience interpersonal mindfulness and mindful listening
Open to all levels of experience and abilities; Taught by UMass-trained instructor, Jackie Griffin, RN, BSN
Saturday, April 13 9am-12:00pm
$25; Registration required.
FREE 6-Week Cooking Series
- How to easily prepare and shop for delicious and nutritious foods on a budget
- Free recipes and meal plans that you can use at home
- How to stretch your ingredients and food dollars
- Hands-on food preparation and sampling
For those who participate in the series, the last class is a grocery store tour & everyone receives a $10 gift certificate to use at Savemart to practice the tips you have learned!
Class is offered in English and Spanish; Class is held at the Community House in Kings Beach
April 16th - May 21st
Free! Registration required.
Las clases incluyen:
- Aprenda a comprar y a cocinar comidas deliciosas y nutricionales a bajo costo
- Reciba recetas y planes de comida que puede utilizar en su hogar
- Aprenda a utilizar al mÃ¡ximo los ingredientes y su dinero
- Practique como preparar comidas y pruÃ©belas!
Para los que participaron en todas las series, la Ãºltima clase serÃ¡ un recorrido por el supermercado y cada participante recibirÃ¡ un certificado para Safeway y asÃ poder practicar lo que se ha aprendido en la clase.
Las clases son ofrecidas en Ingles y EspaÃ±ol
Living Well with Arthritis and Other Chronic Conditions
An evidence-based program developed by Stanford University School of Medicine. Program is for adults with any chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, arthritis, liver disease, obesity, diabetes, etc. Learn decision-making skills, healthy eating, exercise tips, and more to help you better manage your chronic disease.
April 16 â€“ May 28
Incline Village Community Hospital
Free; Registration required.
2-hour workshop for students who are interested in learning more about yoga! You will learn:
- Basic Yoga poses and how to execute them safely and comfortably for their body.
- Attend group exercise yoga classes with a new familiarity for the names and poses frequently used.
- Yoga in a safe, non-competitive environment with other beginners.
Saturday, April 20th 11am - 1:00pm
$25; Registration required.
Prevent T2 Diabetes Prevention Program
One out of three adults have prediabetes and 90% of them donâ€™t know it. The Wellness Neighborhood is proud to offer Prevent T2, which has been shown to help at-risk adults cut their risk for developing type 2 diabetes by 58%. The prevent T2 lifestyle change program can help you lose weight, become more physically active, and reduce stress.
With Prevent T2 you get:
- A proven program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes
- A CDC-approved curriculum and trained lifestyle coach
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
- Support from others like you as you learn new skills
Join the Prevent T2 program - so you can keep doing the things you love.
Free Intro April 23
Ongoing Class April 30, 2019 - April 7, 2020
$400; Registration required.
Reclaim Your New Mom Body with Postpartum Training
Learn about Diastasis Recti and whether or not you have it. Revitalize core strength and function with safe and effective exercises. Meet other new moms and bring your baby to class!
First Monday of every month, 3-4:00pm
$18; Registration required.
Weigh To Wellbeing Group
Manage your weight by making sustainable behavior change with the support of a registered dietitian and a group of other adults with similar weight goals.
Monthly on the 2nd Tuesday, 11:00am-12:00pm
Monthly on 4th Monday, 5:30-6:30pm
$5; No registration required.
Boot Camp is Back!
Get ready for summer with this 6-week results driven fitness and weight loss program. Boot Camp is designed to help you reach your goals in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30pm
May 6 - June 17
$180; Registration required.