Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
- 10 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 avocado, sliced in chunks (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook corn in large pot with boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool to room temperature. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Transfer corn to large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to blend. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally. Add avocado chunk just before serving.
*Frozen corn works well in this recipe if fresh corn is not available.
Makes 8-10 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Source: Adapted from Bon Appetite July 2004