For parents and infants newborn to crawling, this hands-on workshop promotes bonding and communication, while improving baby’s circulation and digestion, easing tension, increasing relaxation, and reducing fussiness. Led by Linda Mackenzie, RN, Certified Infant Massage Instructor.
Wednesdays, January 8th - 29th | 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
$60; Pre-registration required
Rethink Healthy: Monitoring Your Baby's Milestones
Wondering if your baby is hitting their developmental milestones?
- For new parents or parents-to-be
- Learn to identify motor milestones from birth to 3 years old
- Understanding gross and fine motor skills
- Games and activities to help your child meet their milestones
- Warning signs to look for and how to get the support you need
Saturday, January 11th | 10:00am - 11:30am
Free. Pre Registration Suggested
Kick it up a notch with this 6-week, results driven fitness and weight loss program. Boot Camp is designed to help you reach your goals in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
- Pre and post-fitness testing and biometric screening
- Two weekly energizing classes led by a certified personal trainer
- Accountability and supplemental information on nutrition and stress relief
- Support from your coach and fellow Boot Campers
Mondays and Wednesdays, starting January 13th | 5:30pm - 6:30pm
$180, Pre-registration required
Class will be held at Cardiac Rehab off the Tahoe Forest Hospital main lobby.
Birthing with Confidence
Learn what to expect: during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and postpartum; including breastfeeding and newborn behavior. You and your coach will learn options, tools and coping techniques to guide you through your birth journey.
Saturday & Sunday, January 18th & 19th | 9am - 4pm
$80 per person; Pre-registration required
Tahoe Forest Cooking Club
Get out of your cooking rut and come get INSPIRED at our monthly Health Supportive Cooking Club! Each month, our Registered Dietitian Lisa Fligor, MS, RDN, LD will provide a fun and interactive cooking demo. You get to taste test and take home easy, healthy, and delicious recipes!
January Topic: Gut Health - Learn tips and tricks to improve digestion, using real, whole foods.
Tuesday, January 21st | 5:30pm - 7:00pm
$15 per class or $30 for 3 classes
Pre-registration is required.
Your Authentic Wellness: Narrate the New Year Year-The Power of YOUR Story.
Life feeling out of balance? Taking care of everyone but yourself? Ready for change, but don’t know where to start? Make 2020 the year of purpose, power, and possibilities!
Learn tools to cope with life's daily challenges from experts in their fields. Whether its stress, insomnia, nutrition, lack of energy, feeling overwhelmed, or general habit change, we have you covered!
Thursday, January 23rd | 5:15pm - 6:30pm
Free. Pre-registration required
Free Intro to Prevent T2-Diabetes Prevention Program
One out of three adults have prediabetes and 90% of them don’t know it. The Wellness Neighborhood is proud to offer Prevent T2, which has been shown to help at-risk adults cut their risk for developing type 2 diabetes by 58%. The prevent T2 lifestyle change program can help you lose weight, become more physically active, and reduce stress.
Free Intro Tuesday, January 28 | 11:15am - 12:30pm
Program Begins February 4
Coming Early February
Living Well with Chronic Pain and Other Conditions
Join us for 6-weekly classes and learn:
- How to deal with frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep.
- Exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals.
- Appropriate use of medications.
- Anti-inflammatory nutrition.
- Decision making strategies.
- How to evaluate new treatment options.
- Setting goals...and sticking to them.
Intro Class Wednesday, January 29th | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Program is Wednesdays, Feb 5th - Mar 11th| 2:00pm - 3:30pm