A community support group in where members can share their experiences, knowledge and coping strategies.
Research has overwhelmingly supported the benefits of social support in the management of chronic disease and can:
- Empower and lift the morale of patients, friends, and community members
- Increase a sense of belonging by decreasing isolation
- Enhance hope and sense of purpose through encouragement
- Increase sense of responsibility for members' own treatment
- Result in feelings of increased control over their disease
Please come share input about what you want from this group. We can have speakers, watch and discuss webinars, and include outside activities to increase the cohesion and bonding among members.
Facilitated by: Ellen and John Roumasset, Trained Parkinson's Disease Associated Support Group Facilitators
Every 3rd Friday of the month
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Tahoe Forest Center for Health
10710 Donner Pass Road Truckee, CA
This program is supported by the Wellness Neighborhood and offered at no cost.
For more information, please call Ellen at (650) 759-3666 or email email@example.com