Did you know that heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in the US? You are invited to an interactive and informative workshop to learn tips and tricks to keep your heart as healthy and strong as possible.
This class is for you if:
- You have a family history of heart disease
- Your cholesterol has been slowly increasing
- You experience high blood pressure
- You're confused about what your lab values mean
- You're tired of navigating all the advice on the internet
- You're Just curious about the latest in heart health research
Join our Cardiac Rehab Dietitian, Lisa Fligor, MS, RDN, as we break it all down for you in simple, easy-to-follow terms. We will discuss a variety of topics including healthy fats, exercise recommendations, sodium intake, sleep needs and stress management techniques. Leave with clarity and direction regarding lifestyle habits that will improve your heart health and leave you feeling confident on how to take control of your health.
We recommend (but don’t require) you to bring a recent (in the past 6 months) lipid panel to class with you. Talk to your primary care provider or visit the Affordable Labs event.
Monday, May 12, 2023
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Tahoe Forest Center for Health
11012 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
$20 - includes one additional family member
Click here to register, or for more information, please call (530) 587-3769 or email email@example.com.