Hospital Access, Visitor Policy & Masking
Our top priority is providing safe, quality healthcare for our community.
Effective Monday, 4/3/23, CDPH is updating its requirements for use of masks in healthcare settings. Masks will no longer be required, but should either be “considered”, “recommended” or “strongly recommended” based on CDC COVID-19 Community Levels and CDPH recommendations.
In alignment with CDPH, as of Monday, 4/3/23, Tahoe Forest Health System is no longer requiring masking in their facilities.
In accordance with CDC and CDPH recommendations, TFHS recommends/supports masking for people who are at risk for severe illness, individuals’ comfort level, and COVID-19 community levels. TFHS will continue providing masks at entry points into facilities for anyone wishes to wear them. Masks can be worn by anyone at any time based on personal comfort level, preference, or community transmission level.
If a patient or visitor has respiratory symptoms, staff will provide a mask and ask the person to wear it while in our facilities.
COVID-19 Treatment Options
Schedule a free virtual appointment with a medical provider. This service is provided by the California Department of Public Health.
COVID-19 Testing Options
- Order one set of 4 free at-home COVID tests from USPS.com. Limit of one order per residential address.
- Purchase at-home COVID tests from pharmacies and drug stores.
- If you are sick and want to be seen by a medical provider, visit our Tahoe City or Truckee Urgent Care Clinics for evaluation and possible testing.
COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster Information - Nevada & Placer County
Where are vaccines available?
Tahoe Forest Health System
- The Tahoe Forest Pediatric Clinic is providing Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to established patients during regularly scheduled appointments, as well as during vaccine only appointments. Call (530) 582-6205 to schedule
- Other primary care clinics may have Moderna or Pfizer vaccine available during office visits. Please contact your primary care office to inquire, or call (530) 582-6205 to schedule.
Nevada County Public Health Department
- 1-4pm Thursdays, while supplies last for 12+
- Currently only offering boosters
- Primary vaccines may be available upon request and as supplies are available
- By Appointment Only, call 530-582-7814 to schedule
- 1:30-3:30pm 1st and 3rd Monday each month (except holidays) for 6 months – 12 years old (primary vaccines and boosters)
- By Appointment Only, call 530-582-7814 or schedule on MyTurn https://myturn.ca.gov/
- Please note that due to winter weather/snowstorms, schedule may be adjusted as needed
Most local pharmacies continue to offer COVID vaccine. Please visit Vaccines.gov or search pharmacy websites for vaccine opportunities in our area.
The most accurate and reliable information about COVID-19 can be found on the following websites.
- California Office of the Governor
- Centers for Disease Control
- Nevada County Public Health Department
- Placer County Public Health Department
- Washoe County Health District
- El Dorado County Health and Human Services