Step 1: Complete Request Form
Download and complete the following form (forms may also be picked up in the Medical Records office at¬†10875 Pioneer Trail, Truckee,¬†in the Pioneer Commerce Center).
If you prefer to submit a written request, please include the following information:
- Patient Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Date of Service of records requested
- Specific use of this information (follow-up care, legal, personal)
- Date and Signature of patient
Step 2: Submit Request
Submit your completed forms or written requests via on of the following methods.
Fax: (530) 582-1864
US Mail or hand delivery:
Tahoe Forest Health System
Medical Records Department
10121 Pine Avenue
Truckee, CA 96161
For questions or inquiries about medical records, please call (530) 582-3469.
Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards
To request a copy of your birth certificate, please contact the Nevada County Recorder's Office at (530) 265-1221
Social Security Numbers are issued at birth. It can take up to 10 weeks to receive a Social Security card for your newborn. If you have questions regarding a card please call (530) 885-5364.
Incline Village and Nevada ONLY: Destruction of Health Care Records
Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 629.051:
- The health care record of a person who is less than 23 years of age may not be destroyed.
- The health care record of a person must be maintained for 5 years, after it has been received or created, unless federal law requires that it be retained for a longer period of time.
- The health care record of a person who has reached the age of 23 years may be destroyed after 5 years from the date the record was received or created, unless federal law requires that it be retained for a longer period of time.