Step 1: Complete request form
Download and complete the following form (forms may also be picked up in the Medical Records office at 10875 Pioneer Trail, Truckee, in the Pioneer Commerce Center).
If you prefer to submit a written request, please include the following information:
- Patient name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Date of service of records requested
- Specific use of this information (follow-up care, legal, personal)
- Date and signature of patient
Step 2: Submit request
Submit your completed forms or written requests via on of the following methods.
Fax: (530) 582-1864
US Mail or hand delivery:
Tahoe Forest Health System
Medical Records Department
10121 Pine Avenue
Truckee, CA 96161
For questions or inquiries about medical records, please call (530) 582-3469.
Birth certificates and Social Security cards
To request a copy of your birth certificate, please contact the Nevada County Recorder's Office at (530) 265-1221
Social Security Numbers are issued at birth. It can take up to 10 weeks to receive a Social Security card for your newborn. If you have questions regarding a card please call (530) 885-5364.
Incline Village and Nevada ONLY: Destruction of health care records
Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 629.051:
- The health care record of a person who is less than 23 years of age may not be destroyed.
- The health care record of a person must be maintained for 5 years, after it has been received or created, unless federal law requires that it be retained for a longer period of time.
- The health care record of a person who has reached the age of 23 years may be destroyed after 5 years from the date the record was received or created, unless federal law requires that it be retained for a longer period of time.