A community support group in where members can share¬†their experiences, knowledge¬†and coping strategies.
Research has overwhelmingly supported the benefits of social support in the¬†management of chronic disease and can:
- Empower and lift the morale of patients, friends, and community members
- Increase a sense of belonging by decreasing isolation
- Enhance hope and sense of purpose through encouragement
- Increase sense of responsibility for members' own treatment
- Result in feelings of increased control over their disease
Please come share input about what you want from this group.¬†We can have speakers, watch and discuss webinars, and include outside¬†activities to increase the cohesion and bonding among members.
Facilitated by: Ellen and John Roumasset, Trained Parkinson's Disease Associated Support Group Facilitators
March 20 cancelled
Every 3rd Friday¬†of the month
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Tahoe Forest Center for Health
10710 Donner Pass Road Truckee, CA
This program is supported by the Wellness Neighborhood and offered at no cost.¬†
For more information,¬†please call Ellen at (650) 759-3666¬†or email firstname.lastname@example.org