June 7, 2021
Starting June 8th, the Tahoe Forest¬†COVID¬†Vaccine Clinic is moving to 11004 Donner Pass Road, next to Zander's in the Gateway Building in Truckee.
Community members 12 years and older can schedule an appointment at¬†MyTurn.ca.gov. Walk-up appointments will be available as vaccine supply allows. 1st and 2nd dose Pfizer vaccine will be offered; however, we may offer Moderna or the J&J vaccine in the future.
The clinic is open Monday - Friday, 9am - noon and 1pm - 4pm. Vaccinations are free to all!
If you received your first COVID vaccine between May 18th and May 28th at our Sierra College Vaccine Clinic, you will receive your second shot at the¬†Gateway Vaccine Clinic.¬†
May 12, 2021
12 - 15 Year-Old Eligibility Update
Beginning tomorrow, Thursday May 13 at 8am, the Tahoe Forest Vaccine Clinic will begin offering COVID vaccine appointments to patients 12 years and older via the State of California's My Turn System.
All Eastern Placer and Nevada County¬†residents 12¬†years or older are eligible to receive a vaccine at the Tahoe Forest Vaccine Clinic.
Please note: patients 12 - 17 years old can only receive the Pfizer vaccine and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Visit¬†MyTurn.ca.gov¬†or call 1-833-422-4255 to search for available appointments. If no appointments are available, you will be given the option to¬†sign up for notifications about future availability.
Please do not call your physician's office, as they cannot¬†schedule a vaccine for you.
Appointments are for 1st shots only. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Tahoe Forest Vaccine Clinic¬†if you received your 1st shot elsewhere. If you arrive at the clinic requesting a 2nd shot, we will be unable to administer it, and you will be turned away.
UPDATE:¬† Beginning May 13, vaccine appointments will be open to individuals 12+ years old who either live or work in Placer or Nevada County. Please note: patients 12 -¬†17 year olds can only receive the Pfizer vaccine on days and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
COVID-19¬†Vaccination Stand-By List Available via Tahoe Forest Health System
April 6, 2021
Tahoe Forest Hospital System is now offering a stand-by list for our clinic at the Sierra College located in Truckee, CA.¬†
Who this is for:
- This is list is for individuals who live or work in Placer or Nevada County
- You must be 16 yrs or older
- This is NOT for 2nd dose appointments
How you will be contacted:¬†
- All stand-by appointments will be made by phone only.
- You will need to answer our phone call to receive an appointment. We will not leave a message. Calls will come from a 530 area code, if that is helpful.
- Stand-by appointments will be same-day only.
- Stand-by appointments will be anywhere from 15 ¬†minutes to 4 hours from when we call you.
- Adding your name to this list is not a guarantee that you will receive an appointment.
- If you are offered a vaccine elsewhere, please take it!
If you are scheduled:
- You must bring photo ID to your appointment. If your ID doesn't list Placer or Nevada County, also bring a document that shows you live in Placer or ¬†Nevada County (a piece of mail, etc.).
- Documentation of citizenship or legal status is NOT REQUIRED.
The Stand-By List will be limited to 100 people. We will open and close the list as space on the list open up.
Vaccine Information & Resources
The importance of vaccinations in stopping the spread of COVID-19 cannot be underestimated. Vaccination is a powerful tool for halting this deadly disease. It provides health care workers with an important level of protection, in addition to personal protective equipment and other steps hospitals take to protect caregivers.
For additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations:
Vaccination and Pregnancy
While getting the COVID vaccine as soon as possible is the safest choice for most people, trials testing the vaccine in pregnant and breastfeeding women have not been completed. We have prepared an informational brochure to¬†help you make an informed choice about whether to get the COVID vaccine while you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. If you have additional questions, please schedule an¬†appointment to discuss your concerns with a healthcare provider by calling (530) 582-6205. Download informational brochure.