Home Health Services
Home Health provides care tailored to a patient's needs with the right mix of services and providers. Registered nurses, Home Health Aides, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, and Medical Social Workers all work collaboratively on your plan of care.
- Skilled Nursing Care: We specialize in managing and providing education regarding all aspects of wound care, illness and injury prevention, disease management, and symptom control. We provide health education and support for diabetes, cancer, and other chronic conditions. Additionally, we’ll supervise medication, including I.V. therapy, ostomy, and catheter care.
- Occupational Therapy: Our occupational therapists will help you regain independence in all aspects of your life. We understand how difficult it is to perform regular activities of daily living after a serious illness or injury. We’ll assist and teach you new strategies and techniques to make the transition to wellness as smooth as possible. These may include ordering safety equipment for your bathroom, teaching self-care skills and breathing techniques, and training your caregivers.
- Home Health Aides: Our aides will provide hands-on help with the simple chores of daily living such as hygiene and grooming, dressing, bathing, exercise, meal preparation, and light housekeeping.
- Physical Therapy: Our physical therapists work to increase your strength and mobility. We provide education on techniques to promote increased activity tolerance and independence following illness or injury. Physical Therapy can include such things as developing a personal home exercise program, teaching balance and fall prevention, or ordering mobility equipment and instruction on how to use it.
- Medical Social Work: When you are ill or recovering from an injury, you may need help with other areas of your life. Our medical social workers can recommend local resources for a variety of services, including counseling and emotional support for you and your family.
Who can use Home Health?
Home Health services are not just for the elderly. Our services are available for people of all ages and medical situations. Home Health may be right for you if you are homebound and:
- Have suffered an injury or illness that will require additional treatment
- Have a medical condition that needs frequent assessment such as diabetes, stroke, heart or lung disease, or a chronic illness such as multiple sclerosis
- Have low vision, cognitive or mobility issues, and need help with personal care
- Have a newborn baby or child with special needs
Our Service Areas
Home Health care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We service the following areas:
- Incline Village and North Shore
- Truckee and Tahoe City
- Soda Springs and Emigrant Gap
- Floriston and Verdi
- West Shore to Rubicon
Get Started with Home Health Services
To get started, give us a call at (530) 582-3244.
Our Home Health team will work with your physician to develop a personalized in-home care plan. We will contact your insurance carrier to determine what services are covered by your health plan. We will evaluate your needs, addressing every issue from pain management to exercise, wellness to home safety.
We are dedicated to overseeing your health care for as long as you need us. When you are no longer homebound, we will help you organize the next level of your care, be it outpatient rehabilitation or community re-integration.
For more information about Home Health Services, please call (530) 582-3244.