Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 cups red lentils
- 5 cups water or broth
- 1 large bag frozen broccoli (or 3-4 cups fresh)
- 1 large bag frozen butternut squash (or 3 cups fresh)
- 1 yam, cubed
- 5 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 TB red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp sea salt + 1 tsp pepper
- Instant Pot: Add all ingredients to pot. Close tamper, set to high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Done.
- Slow cooker: Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Stock pot: Sautee all veggies. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer until lentils are soft and broken down about 20 minutes.
Tips: Use whatever veggies you have on hand. This recipe is very forgiving. Frozen veggies work well and are easy to have on hand at all times. Serve over brown rice or top with fresh herbs like Thai Basil.
Recipe from our very own Lisa Fligor, RD, prepared in January Cooking Club