Maintaining an active, independent lifestyle is a vital part of living in or visiting the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe area. We treat a variety of patients including community members,¬†professional and recreational athletes, post-surgical patients, seniors, adults, and children. We help all ages and abilities reach their goals and maintain an active and independent lifestyle. Learn more about Physical Therapy at Tahoe Forest Therapy Services.
Hand therapy is the art and science of rehabilitation of the the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Using specialized skills in assessment, planning, and¬†treatment, hand therapists work to prevent dysfunction, restore function, and/or reverse the progression of disease. The staff of Occupational Therapists at IVCH¬†PT are available to evaluate and treat upper extremity injuries.¬†
Occupational Therapists help people participate in their daily activities through the therapeutic use of common activities (known as occupations). Typical examples of occupational therapy include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, assisting people recovering from injury to regain skills for independence, and providing support for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. The Occupational Therapy team at IVCH¬†PT have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team.
Course of Treatment
Rehabilitation integrates education and a multitude of manual therapies, neuromuscular re-education, movement preparation, and pain management. A typical course of treatment includes the following elements:
- Evaluation: The goal of an evaluation is to determine your current medical condition and develop a treatment plan based upon your personal goals
- Treatment: Your treatment plan may sometimes require multiple visits over a period of time. In other instances, one initial visit with one follow-up is all that may be required.
- Education: A key component of therapy is education. The background and training of a therapist is focused on getting you better and giving you the tools to improve and maintain your health.
- Home Exercise Programs: These programs include exercises or stretches similar to the work you do in the clinic with your therapist but can be done at home.
- Your Involvement: You are an integral part of the process. Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies do not happen without your involvement. Think of this as a partnership in your health.
Our Rehabilitation Staff
Our staff members are experts at analyzing movement and function to treat you effectively and efficiently. Our highly skilled and experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists can help relieve symptoms, improve your health and physical abilities, and return you to your healthy lifestyle. We offer a hands-on approach in developing an individualized treatment plan that will get you back to your favorite sport, back on the job, or return quickly to an independent life.
Get Started with Therapy
Patients most of the time seek a Physical Therapist, Occupational or Speech Therapist as a result of a physician order. The therapeutic benefits can be tremendously successful in improving a patient's health and physical abilities.