Tahoe Forest Health System (TFHS) is pleased to announce that it has implemented a Financial Customer Service Program to assist patients in the navigation of financial matters involving their care. The Program consists of a team of trained professionals who can assist a patient with any questions or concerns related to billing, insurance and payment options.
Tahoe Forest Health System continually aims to improve all aspects of care to our patients. With the growth of its clinical services, TFHS has recognized the need to create a centralized resource for patients who seek to have a financial matter resolved. A financial customer service representative is the patient‚Äôs starting point for a financial inquiry and is committed to getting the patient on the path toward a resolution.
The financial customer service representatives are available to:
- ¬†Explain charges and answer questions about their bill
- ¬†Accept payments or set up payment plans
- ¬†Add or remove coverages
- ¬†Explain insurance benefits
- ¬†Research refunds, create itemized statements, resolve disputes
- ¬†Provide cost estimates for a medical procedure or office visit
- ¬†Screen for financial assistance
- ¬†Answer questions about MyChart
- ¬†Update patient information
- ¬†Complete Release of Information forms
The financial customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm, and Saturday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. They can be reached by phone at (530) 582-3598 or in person at Tahoe Forest Hospital on 10121 Pine Avenue in Truckee, or at the Customer Service Office on 10875 Pioneer Trail in Truckee. Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information about the Financial Customer Service Program, visit: tfhd.com/financial-customer-service.