Information on the November 8, 2022 Consolidated Election for TFHD Board of Directors
The following offices are open for election and will be consolidated with the county general election ballot on November 8, 2022:
Three (3) Directors, each serving a four (4)-year term
One (1) Director, serving a two (2)-year term
Interested persons who are registered voters residing within the Tahoe Forest Hospital District boundaries who have not been convicted of a felony may obtain forms and information on candidate filing in Placer County or Nevada County. Payment of a deposit toward the publication cost for a Statement of Qualifications for the Voter Guide must be made prior to filing.
Due to COVID-19, applications can be accessed and filed electronically. Candidates must file with the Placer and/or Nevada county Registrar of Voters during the established filing period (July 18 – August 12). If one of the incumbent directors does not file for re-election, the deadline will be extended to August 17.
The TFHD Board's policies on elections and fillings vacancies by appointment are drawn from the District's Bylaws and California Government Code.
Beginning July 18th, candidates may learn more about how to file at the Registrar of Voters Office for Placer County or Nevada County, depending on which county you reside in.
The following details are offered for anyone interested in serving on the TFHD Board of Directors:
- The Tahoe Forest Hospital District has a five-member Board of Directors. Members must run for election and are elected by the residents of the District.
- The term once elected is for four years and there is no limit to the number of terms.
- Prospective Board members must be at least 18 years of age and must be registered to vote in and be a resident of the District.
- Board members are not to be absent from three (3) consecutive regular meetings, or from three (3) of any five (5) consecutive meetings.
- Board members are expected to participate on Board Committees and Ad Hoc Committee meetings, as assigned by Board Chair.