- Clothing donations in bags off of the hanger
- Household donations in clean sellable condition
- Furniture (Truckee store only), electrical items and sports equipment accepted on approval basis. Please check with employees before unloading.¬†
We are not able to accept mattresses, bed frames, bed pillows, mattress pads, exercise equipment, hard wired electrical fixtures, paint and building supplies, baby and children's items (furniture, strollers, toys, car seats, etc.)
Please, no dumping of donations after business hours!¬†This is illegal and has the potential for health and safety risks for both people and the natural environment.
How You Can Support Hospice With Charitable Gifts & Contributions
Support in the form of tax-deductible gifts from individuals and businesses, private memorials, grants, and participation in local fundraising events are all welcome. Please call the Tahoe Forest Hospital Foundation at (530) 582-6277 to make a donation to Hospice.
Volunteer opportunities include working directly with patients and families, bereavement support, administrative/office support and fundraising. Please note: due to COVID-19, our volunteer programs have been placed on hold, and we are not accepting new volunteer applications at this time. Please email VolunteerServices@tfhd.com with any questions.
Hospice Gift & Thrift
Hospice programs receive only partial reimbursement from insurance carriers. Our program is largely supported by sales from our Gift & Thrift stores located in Truckee and Incline Village. We welcome your donations for resale in our stores.
At Hospice Gift & Thrift we encourage you to:
- Donate items such as clothing, books, videos, small working appliances, housewares and furniture (Truckee¬†store only)¬†in good condition. Merchants can help by donating excess inventory or items past their seasonal shelf-life. The full retail value of each donation is tax-deductible.
- Shop at our two locations. You will discover great buys on great merchandise. Each sale goes directly to Tahoe Forest Hospice Program.
- Volunteer your time. Help out by being a donation processor, sales associate, or associate. Your time is greatly appreciated.
For more information on our thrift store, please call¬†(530)¬†582-4947.¬†