If you are having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm or harm to others, please dial 911 or contact:
- Nevada County Mental Health Crisis line: (530) 265-5811
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Sierra Community House, 24-hour help line: (800) 736-1061
Behavioral Health Services at Tahoe Forest
We offer Behavioral Health services for adults 18 and over, including:
- Psychiatric services, including diagnostic evaluations, medication management, and therapy services
- Individual and group therapy
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for substance use disorders. Learn more about this effective option for helping those with opioid addition recover their lives or call (530) 582-1212.
Our Behavioral Health team members include:
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Marriage Family Therapists
- Bilingual Community Health Advocates
To contact a Behavioral Health clinician, please make an appointment with your primary care provider, who can refer you to the appropriate team member.
For information about substance abuse treatment, please contact the Medication Assisted Treatment program at (530) 582-1212.
- Truckee-North Tahoe Mental and Behavioral Health Resource Directory: this directory is updated yearly and includes provider and practice information, payments accepted including insurance or sliding scale, if the provider offers services in Spanish, gender and license of the provider.
- Multi-Modal Therapies for Chronic Pain Resource Directory:¬†includes provider and practice information, including what type of service is provided and the types of payment accepted.
- Tahoe Truckee Suicide Prevention Coalition: Hoping to prevent future suicide through outreach, education and collaboration.
- Mental Health and Addiction Guide:¬†This comprehensive click-through guide from Fiscal Tiger covers mental health/substance abuse disorders and when to seek treatment. It also discusses how to pay for mental health or substance abuse services including information about insurance, medicare/medicaid, and resources for the uninsured.
- Giving Voice Documentary:¬†Students at InnerRythms Dance Centre in Truckee, California created a production¬†to help raise awareness of suicide. The performance uses music, dance, art and acting performances.
- Additional¬†Truckee and North Lake Tahoe¬†resources¬†for mental and behavioral health