Our Philosophy Of Care
Residents, staff, and families work together to develop and coordinate care plans that cater to residents' every day needs.
Offering 37 beds, the Long Term Care Center has created a warm and friendly environment to help residents feel comfortable and safe. We are a Medicare and Medi-Cal certified facility. And because we're an extension of Tahoe Forest Hospital, residents have easy access to all hospital facilities and services, 24 hours a day.
The Long Term Care Center can be an an excellent option for your loved one if they:
- Require specialized care after hospitalization to enhance full recovery
- Live alone but require assistance with basic daily activities
- Live with a partner who is overwhelmed with caregiving duties
Tahoe Forest Hospital Long Term Care Center is Medicare and Medi-Cal certified.
- Skilled Nursing Care: Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants offer 24-hour care to residents
- Rehabilitative Care: Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Therapists assist residents in achieving the maximum levels of performance
- Restorative Care: Certified Nursing Assistants provide specialized therapy to keep residents functioning at their highest level for their normal daily activities
- Pharmacy Support: Pharmacists and technicians dispense and monitor all pharmaceuticals, as well as provide resident drug assessment functions, drug information, and education services
- Laboratory: Our staff of licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists and Certified Laboratory Technicians provides laboratory services to residents
- Radiology: Sophisticated, state-of-the-art radiology services are conveniently located nearby, offering comfort and privacy to the resident and family
- Dietary & Nutritional Services: Certified Dietitians evaluate the nutritional needs of each resident and design individualized nutritional programs based upon their needs
- Medical Care: Physicians are located on-site and are available 24 hours a day, year-round
- Dental and Hearing Screens: The oral and auditory health of residents is screened yearly
- Hospice Care: Health care professionals strive to meet the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the residents and their family
- Case Managers: Case Managers assist residents, family, and friends as needed, including coordinating services or equipment needed at discharge
- Social Services: The Social Services staff works to ensure residents' rights
- Activity & Recreational Programs: Activity Director, assistants, and volunteers enhance residents' lives with a wide variety of activities and entertainment, including outside events
- Beauty Salon: Salon services are available on site with a licensed beautician
- Laundry Services: In-house laundry service is provided
- Pastoral Care: Religious needs of residents are met through denominational and nondenominational services conducted on site
We Are Here To Help
If you would like to learn more about our services, please call us at (530) 582-3251.
We are happy to answer your questions!