Hospital Access, Visitor Policy & Masking
Effective April 3, 2023, California Department of Public Health (CDPH) updated its requirements for use of masks in healthcare settings. In alignment with CDPH, Tahoe Forest Health System no longer requires masking in our facilities.
TFHS will continue providing masks at entry points into facilities for anyone wishes to wear them. Masks can be worn by anyone at any time based on personal comfort level, preference, or community transmission level.
If a patient or visitor has respiratory symptoms, they will be instructed to wear a mask while in our facilities.
COVID-19 Treatment Options
Schedule a free virtual appointment with a medical provider. This service is provided by the California Department of Public Health.
COVID-19 Testing Options
- Starting September 25, 2023, USPS.com is restarting their program to order one set of 4 free at-home COVID tests. Limit of one order per residential address.
- Read more about extended expiration dates of at-home COVID tests.
- Purchase at-home COVID tests from pharmacies and drug stores.
- If you are sick and want to be seen by a medical provider, visit our Tahoe City or Truckee Urgent Care Clinics for evaluation and possible testing.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information - Nevada & Placer County
Where are vaccines available?
Tahoe Forest Health System
- The Tahoe Forest Pediatric Clinic is providing Pfizer vaccines to established patients during regularly scheduled appointments, as well as during vaccine-only appointments. Call (530) 582-6205 to schedule
- Other primary care clinics may have Moderna or Pfizer vaccine available during office visits. Please contact your primary care office to inquire, or call (530) 582-6205 to schedule.
Nevada County Public Health Department - Truckee Location
- Details unavailable at this time.
- When vaccines are available, this page will be updated.
Most local pharmacies offer updated COVID vaccine. Please visit Vaccines.gov or search pharmacy websites for vaccine opportunities in our area.
The most accurate and reliable information about COVID-19 can be found on the following websites.
- California Office of the Governor
- Centers for Disease Control
- Nevada County Public Health Department
- Placer County Public Health Department
- Washoe County Health District
- El Dorado County Health and Human Services