Debbie Castello joined the IVCH Foundation Board of Directors earlier this year. She is a native Nevadan, relocating to Incline Village as a full-time resident about three years ago. She was born in Las Vegas and moved to the Reno area during her high school years. It was during that time that she developed a love for the Incline area and Lake Tahoe. She graduated from Santa Clara University with a degree in Sociology, emphasis in Economics. She has been married to her husband Vic for over 44 years, raising their four children and now enjoying their six young grandchildren.
Debbie has a background in banking and robust volunteer experience. Having been a Business Development Officer for First Interstate Bank of California, a member of the Junior League of San Jose, and involved in the Princess Project and National Charity League, she has focused much of her time on community service and leadership. She is grateful for the time she spent with these institutions and charities, giving her the opportunity to learn about her community’s needs.
In her spare time, she enjoys snow skiing, swimming, water skiing, paddle boarding, cooking, and reading. But most of all, she takes delight in spending time with her grandkids.
“My husband and I are proud to be supporters of this hospital as it is a rare gem in a rural community. We would be hard pressed to find a hospital with the professional and caring staff, state of the art equipment and services provided anywhere. It is special to be a part of a larger community that recognizes and appreciates the importance of this hospital. We can’t wait to see what is happening next!”
Julie Teel was recently welcomed to the IVCH Foundation Board of Directors. The depth and breadth of Julie’s expertise, along with her broad array of Board and Trustee work, has already added enormous value to the Foundation’s fundraising efforts. Her expansive experience includes:
- Member, Board of Directors, and Owner, The Raley’s Companies and Ozark Trucking
- Trustee, Loyola Marymount University 2016 - Present
- Member of the Student Life Committee - 2014 - Present
- Trustee, Crocker Art Museum, 2012 - 2018 and 2019 - 2022
- Trustee, Nevada Museum of Art, 2022 - Present
- National Salvation Army Advisory Board, 2018 - Present
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Northern California and Nevada, 2015 - 2022; served on the CEO Search Committee, 2022
- Tahoe Fund Board of Directors, 2015 - Present
- Stanford Law School, Director’s College, 2015, 2017
- Easter Seals Superior Pillars of Giving Award, 2019
- Sacramento Justice Center Hope Gala Honoree, 2019
- Salvation Army Spirit of Giving Award, 2018
- City Year Sacramento Ripples of Hope Honoree, 2017
Julie has been a full-time resident of Crystal Bay, Nevada, since 2020. She enjoys snow skiing, being on the lake, golf, tennis, traveling around the world, and spending time with family and friends.