Our goal is to make you as prepared as possible to welcome your baby into the world!
Prepared Childbirth Class: Provides the tools you need to labor and birth naturally, with minimal intervention and/or without medication. The class covers what to expect in all the stages of labor,relaxation techniques, labor positions, breathing techniques, as well as medication, interventions,and an overview of cesarean section. Your partner/coach will learn how to support you during your birthing experience.
- Third Trimester Discomforts/Danger Signs
- Signs and Stages of Labor
- Newborn Expectations from skin-to-skin, your hospital stay, and the initial days at home
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- And more!
All participants receive:
- "Understanding Childbirth" book with an online video and supportive links for additional information
- Supportive and safe environment to learn and ask questions
- Additional resources for your personal needs
Instructors: Britte Ginty, RN, ICCE and Sandy Deason, RN, LCCE
Weekend Series (Virtual); 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
$125 per couple
* Infant CPR available after class for an additional cost. Please call 530-587-3769 for more information.
* You can schedule a virtual tour of the Labor & Delivery department at Tahoe Forest Hospital - please register for the Baby Friendly 101 class or call our office and we will sign you up! Baby Friendly classes are schedule on a different day than your Birthing class.
Weekend Class (In-Person); 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$125 per couple
* In-person class includes tour of the Labor & Delivery department at Tahoe Forest Hospital.