Mushroom Quinoa Skillet
This is an easy, healthy side dish perfect for cozy fall meals.
- 1 cup quinoa, un cooked (or 2 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (can use 1 tsp fresh thyme is available)
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (optional)
In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, rinse quinoa in a fish mesh strainer until water runs clear. Add quinoa to boiling water. Cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; Add vinegar and cook for 1 minute more; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well combined.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
Prep time: 20 min Makes 6 servings.
Adapted from Food52.com.